Frey Family

06 September 2010

Morning Run

Some of you know our son, David, very well, and others not at all. Let me tell you a story from when he was a wee lad.

Thirty-four years ago this month, when we were on the way to report into our first duty station at Ft. Campbell, KY, Christy was 14 months old and David had just turned 2. (They're both 35 right now, although David has a birthday this week.)

Although not the most direct route from SoCal to Kentucky, we drove to South Dakota to visit my cousin, Peggy, and her family out on the farm. The four adults had been standing in the kitchen talking, and when we turned around discovered that David had climbed to the top of the refrigerator. There was not a chair, a toe, hand or foot hold in sight, and not one of us could believe or figure out how he'd done it -- and done it with all of us standing right there!!

A couple of years later, when we lived at Ft. Campbell and had a play set out in the backyard, the two neighbor boys came running in yelling, "Mrs. Frey, Mrs. Frey, come quick! David's in trouble!!"

So I ran outside to see what was happening and there stood David, balanced on two narrow bars on top of the swing set, taking bows as if performing for an audience. To the neighbor boys' dismay, I turned to go back inside. When they frantically said, "Mrs. Frey, what are you doing? Go help him down!!" I responded, "I will as soon as I get a picture!" (Actually, he didn't need help down at all.)

This afternoon, my sister sent this video clip to me of the morning run of two young men, one with light hair (my nephew, Aaron) and one with dark (David), and it brought back WAY too many memories of the antics of our sons!!

Google "My Morning Run" and enjoy!

Patty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOOlUR9Cg1Q

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    So, you're saying I shouldn't be too worried that June can't walk but can climb out of her crib? :) Fun video, for sure! I liked the ending best.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Patty said…

    June will be fine! And that ending -- kind of leaves you hanging, eh? :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home